Monday, March 11, 2013

Organizing Ideas

As baby M was peacefully napping in my arms and 2 year old B was sound asleep in her room, I spent a quiet afternoon engrossed in the Better Homes and Gardens website getting all kinds of fun organizing ideas.  I came across a slideshow of free printable storage labels and although I don't know if I'd label everything, I liked a lot of the organizational ideas.  I thought I'd share some of my favorites...

1. Magnetic Menu Board - Keep a list of dishes on magnetic labels under headings and then mix and match on a magnetic calendar board to plan meals.

This seems like a lot of work to make, but for a person who loves to plan meals ahead of time, this system looks like so much fun!

2. Shelf Labels - My next home project is to tackle our hallway closet so I was intrigued by the idea of labeling the places where items should be so that those items will always make it back to where they belong.

3. Weekly Wardrobe - Back when I was working full time I used to try and lay out my clothes for the week so that I could save the time searching for clothes in the morning and sleep a few extra minutes.  Once 2 year old B starts school I can totally see laying out a weekly wardrobe for her.  I love the idea of putting hooks on the closet to hang the outfits.
Pinned Image

4. Clear Canisters for Beauty Supples - I not only love the clear canisters, but I love the idea of putting them on a cute tray to keep them in one place.

5. On the Go Bags - So you're never left scrambling for a snack or activity!

6. A Place for Everyday Things - I have already started to try and organize something like this in my house.  I'm not so much for the labels, but I like the idea of dividing items.  I have a tray I keep these things in and now I need to find a way to divide them.


7. One Basket Per Person - A great way to keep shoes, hats, scarves, etc. organized and easy to find.  Ooh, and I could designate one basket for the on the go bags (see #5 above)!


Not too bad of a way to spend a lazy afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment