Saturday, March 2, 2013

Weekly Menu: Back to Normal

With things relatively back to normal around my house, I decided to pull out some favorite recipes that we haven't had for awhile and throw in a new one while I'm at it.  Here is what we ate this week:

1. turkey tacos and peppers
2. spinach and brown rice tomato soup (this was the new recipe) and paninis - So this one didn't turn out very well.  It has potential, but I followed the recipe to a T, even though Nick and I questioned its methods.  The recipe says to add the rice to the soup 5 minutes before serving.  Well, that made for some crunchy tomato soup!  If I try this again, I will cook the rice before adding it to the soup.  It was pretty inedible.
3. meatball sandwiches, Caesar salad
4. homemade fish sticks, kale, bread
5. spinach and chicken quiche, broccoli as a side

The things I love about quiche are that I can make them ahead of time, I can put whatever I want in them, they make great left overs, and they remind me of home.  Here is the quiche recipe that my mom still uses and that I now get to make:

veggies and/or meat of your choice
3/4 cup Bisquick
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. butter

1. cook up any ingredients that need to be cooked (I use 2 chicken breasts, but my mom likes to use 1 lb of bacon)
2. spray the pan and layer the veggies and/or meat with cheese (I go... chicken, spinach, cheese, chicken, spinach, cheese)
3. beat the bisquick, eggs, and milk in a bowl and then pour the mixture into the pan
4. slice the butter and place it on top of the mixture...


5. bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes
6. let cool for a few minutes after taking it out of the oven to let it set completely

The final product...


Well there you go!  Hope everyone else had a relatively normal week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment