Friday, November 16, 2012

It's an easy meal kind of a week!

Nick and I like to plan what we eat for dinners for the week on the weekend to help make the week run smoother and to help us figure out what we need at the store.  Nick was out of town for the weekend and it was just the girls and I for a few days.  When I woke up Sunday morning with a scratchy throat, I knew it was going to be one of those weeks where we needed to make easy meals for dinner.  Little did I know how tired we were going to be this week from Nick feeling run down from being out of town, both of us getting sick, and to top things off, we stayed up all night with a very sick 2 year old for a few nights in a row.  I'm so glad I planned ahead...

1. chicken caesar salad & paninis (I buy frozen chicken cubes to add to the caesar.  Nick usually puts deli meat on his panini and I usually just stick with cheese.)

2. breaded frozen fish from Costco, sauted kale, & rosemary bread

3. whole wheat spaghetti with turkey meatballs & broccoli

4. detox soup from Skinny Mom & rosemary bread

5. quinoa with sausage and peppers & homemade tortilla chips

You'll notice I don't assign meals to specific nights.  I like to plan 5 meals, leaving one day a week the option of eating out and the other day we usually do dinner at my mom and dads.  In the morning I usually think about what's happening that day and choose one of the meals and take out anything that needs to be defrosted.  You'll also notice that I used the rosemary bread 3 times this week.  Once with the paninis and then the other 2 times as a side... getting bang for my buck with the loaf of bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment