Thursday, November 29, 2012

This Week's Menu: A Dinnertime Moment

Nick and I make it a priority to eat together as a family.  Since we've had baby M, timing is everything to make sure that we can sit down and have a meal together.  Typically I prep dinner while Nick is playing with 2 year old B or doing something around the house.  Then when it is time to nurse, Nick will cook and by the time I'm finished nursing, dinner is ready and it is time to eat.  It sounds simple, but it takes a lot of thought and planning to make it all work.

Baby M is 5 months now and she's spacing out her feedings and taking less naps so suddenly I feel like dinnertime is less complicated and I can really enjoy the nights my husband does all the cooking.  On one particular night this week, 2 year old B was busy "washing dishes," baby M was cruising around in her activity center, Nick was cooking, and all I had to do was sit back and enjoy my family.


When the week started, there were a few nights that we weren't sure if we'd be home or not for dinner.  I decided to plan for 4 meals, leaving one take out night, and possibly 2 dinners with family.  Here is what I planned...

1. salmon, kale, bread

2. crock pot honey sesame chicken from The Comfort of Cooking (I put the chicken in the crockpot for too long and the chicken came out pretty dry so next time I need to follow the timing directions on the recipe), broccoli

3. breakfast sandwiches (we made them with asiago bagels from Panera - yum!), fruit, turkey sausages

4. Yakisoba with chicken, peppers, snow peas, and broccoli

The Yakisoba noodles come with a seasoning packet... so easy!





No comments:

Post a Comment